Users Online Now: 2,131 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,034,094
Pageviews Today: 1,432,369Threads Today: 392Posts Today: 6,828
11:53 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Holocaust is the greatest conspiracy of the 20th Century......Nazi Death Marches.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Everyone has heard of the Death Marches out of the Concentration Camps at the end of the war. The story goes that the retreating SS guards forced the camp inmates to walk on foot to camps further west. This was done according mainstream historians so the Nazi's could hide the crimes of the Holocaust.

Wikipedia puts it this way.
[link to en.wikipedia.org]

(Emphasis mine)

The death marches refer to the forcible movement between Autumn 1944 and late April 1945 by Nazi Germany of hundreds of thousands of prisoners from Nazi concentration camps and prisoner of war camps near the eastern front to camps inside Germany away from front lines and allied forces. This was both to remove evidence from concentration camps and to prevent the repatriation of POW's.

Towards the end of World War II in 1944, as Britain and the United States approached the concentration camps from the west, the Soviet Union was advancing from the east. Trapped in the middle of the allied advance, the SS, not wanting the world to know about the Holocaust, decided to abandon the camps, moving or destroying evidence of the various atrocities they had committed there. Thousands of prisoners were killed in the camps before the marches commenced. These executions were deemed crimes against humanity during the Nuremberg trials.

Although the prisoners were already weak or ill after enduring the routine violence, overwork and starvation of concentration camp or prison camp life, they were marched for dozens of miles in the snow to railway stations, then transported for days at a time without food, water or shelter in freight carriages originally designed for cattle. On arrival at their destination, they were then forced to march again to the new camp. Prisoners who were unable to keep up due to fatigue or illness were usually executed by gunshot.

End quote.

I bring this topic to your attention because Holocaust threads seem to gather the most visitors and comments of nearly every other topic out here. In this thread I wish to focus on a topic little discussed in Holocaust research and that is the so-called Nazi Death Marches.

As shown above in the Wikipedia link, the common belief is that the Nazi's just couldn't get enough killing in so they had to force the prisoners to march in case a quick killing fix was needed along the way.

If there is enough interest, I would like to get others opinions on this topic before I post what my research has indicated.

The items I emphasized in bold are the points of contention I have with the story and will discuss them later.

Do you believe the stories?
Is Wiki right in their commentary?
Are they wrong?

Did the Nazi's force these marches to hide their crimes?

What do you think?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP