Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject FUKUSHIMA WAS AN ILLUSION
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message We here in Japan are all fine. People need to stop comparing Fukushima to Chernobyl. As a foreigner living here for almost five years, knowing what I know about the natives, I have to say that I believe the 3/11 incident was generated by HAARP with the intent of forcing the non-progressive foreigners to leave.

Okay, okay... maybe the purpose was not so trivial but it certainly looks like one of the welcomed changes that the Japanese wanted.

have another look at the Fukushima news reels. Despite tens of thousands being reported dead or missing, the images do not show many dead bodies - in fact I can't remember seeing more than one.

I was reading the following thread and I can understand the author's views:
Thread: All you Americans leaving the America, just don't come here Ok?
The Americans have become the most unwanted foreigners here. Most foreigners come here to teach English in public schools. Right now, due to most Americans' lack of humility and a "kiss my ass" sort of attitude, the preferred foreigners for the job are now Canadians, Britons, Australians and even Jamaicans (go Usain Bolt).

Now Japan is a really socially conservative society. Back in the day in Yokohama, we gaijin (foreigners) teachers came up with a plan to gather outside a shopping plaza, en masse, every Thursday night, in an effort to get some chicks. One of the reasons we chose that plaza was that there was a supermarket that sold cheap beer. other foreigners like the Nigerians (who weren't English teachers) would join by parking their cars where we were and playing some music. This was how to get shy girls to come over and talk with us. Anyone could have told you at the time that it was near impossible to talk to chicks solo. I mean the girls wanted to but I guess they were under orders to abstain from gaijins.

So what happened? A month later, the company we were contracted to suddenly had financial problems, executives were accused of financial impropriety and it eventually tanked. All of us were out of a job. At the same time I noticed the plaza was shutdown for renovation, the supermarket was shut down and today there are clothing stores and a Starbucks there. That is Japanese Central Government in action.

Fastforward to 3/11. I walked to the same city to find people in a frenzy, despite the disaster point being miles north of Yokohama. As I saw it, Tokyo would have to show signs of radiation before I started panicking and that would not happen for another two weeks. In the city I found the Nigerians hanging on the corner, the Turks were still selling their stuff, the Russians were cool but the Americans were panicking like hell: running to and fro like headless chickens.
It wasn't until I went into the internet cafe (no electricity at home) and checked my facebook and twitter accounts that I saw how worried my fellow Americans were. people telling their moms that they'll be on the next flight home, some saying they are safe in Osaka, and others explaining that they just want to settle a few issues such as apartment release and resignations before buying a ticket next month or so.

Well, I stayed, I'm healthy and me and my friends are throwing a party this weekend at my place. The only time I think about Fukushima is when I come on GLP. I guess the Japanese really know how to get the unproductive people out of their country.

Peace
dance
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP