Users Online Now: 2,028 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,201,871
Pageviews Today: 1,637,937Threads Today: 423Posts Today: 6,879
01:09 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Watching the coverage on aftermath of Sandy tells me that we must go old school
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I mean, gov't and technology are useless when Mother Nature strikes.

Gov't, despite how many bureaus or Femas there are, can never handle anything properly. I guess you can only expect so much from humans.

Also, we am have developed all this technology but it's all useless without power.

My answer?

Go old school. People need to return to self reliance. They need to return to wood stoves, fireplaces and gardens. I understand that this doesn't work if your in the cities but there's no excuse if you live in the burbs. Yet, people in the burbs are just as dependent as those in the city.

I swear we need a CME that knocks out the grid for a couple years to reset us.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP