Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Help For People Suffering with IBS & Digestive Problems - Manuka Honey
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I don't normally share my bathroom problems online with thousands of strangers, but I"m going to do it today because it might help someone that is suffering.

I'm going to tell you exactly what happened to me, just the facts.

I've had digestive problems for atleast a year now. Constant heartburn and loose stools. It has progressively gotten worse over the course of a year to the point where I was living on antacids, pepcid, baking soda and prilosec daily. And running for the bathroom 3-4 times a day with loose stools everyday, and very frequent diarrhea atleast a few times a week. I would have to time my daily activities to accommodate my bathroom needs. Couldn't leave the house in the mornings, or after I eat for several hours. It was horrible and getting worse all the time.

Since I have no medical insurance, I just suffered with it and did alot of research online and figured I have IBS, which there is no cure for anyway, so why waste my money going to the doctors and spend thousands for tests and scopes that will leave me with no cure anyway? Pointless, so I just delt with it the best I could.

I came across a post a few weeks ago where someone mentioned Manuka honey, and just for fun I decided to google it. So, I did and read that it was honey made from the Tea Tree in New Zealand. Interesting, so I researched some more and came to amazon and started reading the reviews of people who bought it. Over 200 positive reviews on this one product, I thought that was a little odd because of these claims all these people were making about honey? Really? This stuff cost $50.00 for a little jar of freaking honey?????

Keep in mind that we live on a small fixed income, and $50.00 is a huge amount of money for me, that's what I spend on groceries for our entire family each week. But, I did it, bought a jar and figured I was nuts and probably just got screwed out of $50.00, but I did it anyway and I don't even like honey.

Ok, so about a week goes by and this small jar of honey comes in the mail. I look at it and stick it on the shelf, kind of disgusted with myself for wasting $50.00 on this crap and being a sucker......whatever.

About another week goes by and I wake up early one morning and had really bad diarrhea, worse then normal. The same kind that you get with the flu, like pure water. I thought "Oh great, a new symptom now? Or maybe I'm sick?" I didn't know, but I figured now was a good time to try that honey. So, I opened the jar, took a big heaping teaspoon out and stuck it in my mouth. I almost threw up, it was disgusting, but I got it down. Thick like paste and really strong taste, just gross.

Then I went to lay down in bed, and over the next few hours I got deathly ill. Started vomiting, water diarrhea, fever, chills, sweats and the worst body aches I've ever had. For the next 12 hours I rolled around in the bed in agony, sick as a dog.

The next morning it was all over, but I was exhausted. Felt fine, just exhausted. I started eating normal and to my surprise, no acid problems. Hmmm.....that's strange. What's even more strange is that I only went to the bathroom once a day, and it was NORMAL! I haven't had a normal stool for atleast a year. Must be a fluke or something, wait till tomorrow and see.

Next day, again, the same thing. Only went once a day and it was normal!

Ok, it's been almost a week now, and still normal and only once a day. And, no acid burning and no antacids! I can even drink soda now, and couldn't before because it would burn my stomach like crazy.

I just took another teaspoon of the honey about an hour ago just for the heck of it.

I can't say if that honey cured me, or maybe a miracle or whatever, but I'm just telling you exactly what happened and I left no detail out. You decide.

This is the stuff I got. [link to www.amazon.com]

If anyone is interested, I will update in another week or so and let you know if I'm still normal or not.

But, so far, it's nothing short of extraordinary. That's all I can say about it. I never would have believed it if it didn't happen to me. Maybe the flu and fever killed whatever was wrong with me? Maybe it was the honey? I don't know. All I know is that I've been sick daily for over a year, and now I"m not and the only thing I did differently is try that honey.

You decide for yourselves. I"m not making any claims, just sharing my story.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP