Users Online Now: 1,775 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 695,785
Pageviews Today: 1,181,876Threads Today: 441Posts Today: 8,072
01:21 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Post-election guns and ammo panic buying spree has begun: There is a better way
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.examiner.com]

As happened in the immediate aftermath of Obama's election four years ago, guns (particularly so-called "assault weapons"), ammunition and "high capacity" magazines are selling at a frantic pace, in anticipation of potential restrictions--including bans--in the coming months. Huntington, West Virginia's WOWK TV provides some anecdotal evidence:

[Saint Albans Guns and Archery owner Jeff] Beane had a three week supply of assault rifles. All but one sold Wednesday or Thursday morning.

Gun shops across the Kanawha Valley spikes in assault weapon sales since the morning after the election. Customers say they're stocking up, fearing the government will soon ban them.

In a recent statement, National Rifle Association Executive Director Wayne LaPierre called President Obama "anti-Second Amendment." Customers outside Cabela's in South Charleston say it's worried them enough to shop for assault weapons.

An Ammoland article provides something of a larger view:

I could not get on line [on election night] with Cheaperthandirt.com, a great, supplier of ammo and all things in the preparedness world. . . . When the sales person came on the phone line you could hear the noise of heavy calling in the background. I ordered the items I wanted and then asked her how the evening was going. Her reply was that it had been slow until about fifteen minutes before I called and then the phone banks were ringing off the hook.

The same article reports that DiscountAmmoSales.com claims to have sold more ammunition on the evening of November 6 than they normally do in a week.

Get prepared... you'll need them.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP