Users Online Now: 1,607 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 81,443
Pageviews Today: 147,468Threads Today: 75Posts Today: 1,084
01:27 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Veterans: Share your favorite war story here.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I'll go first.

During Desert Storm, we'd do anything to fill the void of time spent waiting. One of my favorite things to do was scorpion fight. We'd fight em for candy and stuff from home like cookies and Skittles, we'd call it "pogey bait".

I had the champion scorpion in the company. Called him Brutus Beefcakes. We won me a LOT of food.

One morning after stand-to, I went out into the desert to catch a bug for Brutus. I kept him in a Wadi al-Fatin water bottle. I went to feed him, and sometime during the night I had been sabotaged! Someone had stuck a ball point pen through Brutus Beefcake's head!

So I walked over to the A-33 tank, grabbed the mudflap on the front and gave it a good pounding. That's the tanker way of knocking on the front door. Sgt Pamplin stuck his head out of the turret.

"PAMPLIN! Did you kill my scorpion last night?!" See, Brutus has bestest not one, but two of his the day before and he lost BIG-TIME.

"That's SERGEANT Pamplin to you, PFC Bissette..."

"SERGEANT Pamplin! Did you kill my scorpion last night?!"

"I can neither conform nor deny that Bissette. Heh heh heh."

I know he did it... Two weeks later my tank commander traded my cot to the Brits for a case of rations. Bastards. All of them...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP