Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Just Got Fired Today!! Fuck
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I'm 25 , in my 5th year of apprenticeship as a automotive technician

I work in a small shop that has 6 service bays and 3 other technicians.

Well i am the youngest guy there and the other guys have their licenses and there is barely enough work for them, yet alone me

So i end up doing all the crappy stuff that a 1st year or 2nd year apprentice does.. Like driving customers home, picking up parts, cleaning up the shop, painting walls, doing random shit etc.... I have a big toolbox that i spent a lot of money on , and i'm fucking painting walls...

Also, i am very reliable.. not once did a wheel fall off a car or did i leave oil out of a car. Never did i cost more than a few bucks of damage on a car... Never did i hit a car while moving a car. I've seen the other cars bump cars millions of times and cause far worse damage worth hundreds. I also fixed 3 cars that the licensed mechanics could not figure out ! Since it had to do with computers and electronics ( the other guys are older ) i was running circles around them in diagnostics !

Today the boss comes up to me and says.... well i hate to do this to you.. but... i'm lettin you go today...

me: whaat?
him: i was trying to light up a fire under your ass lately but i am not seeing it. You also don't like doing any other stuff than technician stuff and i'm trying to pick up the pace with you but i don't see anything happening..
me: what do you mean?
him: ( basically says the same shit in a different way )
me: ok bye

keep in mind, i never fucked up or caused any damage... and i did not REFUSE anything he said.. i did everything.. all the dirty work , the non mechanic work, i did.. without a question.... and i don't know what the fuck hes talking about timewise, because i did everything lately in the same timely fashion that i always did since i started here in february.

The real reason i got laid off is because it is slow.. and there is barely any work for the shop.. It sucks really because i'm probably the most reliable guy there and i don't even have a license yet.. That's why he had to get rid of ME because without a license you are nobody.

Anyway.. just had to rant... i was shocked.. i was never fired in my life.. plus i did not do anything bad since i started... i had 6 other mechanic jobs that i LEFT because the pay or the way shit worked.

Funny thing though i was thinking of leaving this place soon too because it was too slow and i was doing too much bullshit work... So maybe i'll go a step ahead now5a

O
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP