Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Advice please
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Three weeks ago to the day, I was fired from my job. I was a retail store manager for 12+ years.

I immediately started to apply elsewhere and landed an interview with another retail chain. I did well on that interview and was able to get a 2nd interview for this Friday.

I started thinking though that maybe I should go back to school for nursing which is what I always wanted to do but chose a different path for myself after high school.

Financially, I can make it work but it will be very risky.

My parents think I should go for the sure thing with the job but I am afraid to put another 12 years somewhere and have this happen again. At least with nursing, the job is in demand or at least I think it is. I cannot do both as I am sure you are all aware that there are no "set" schedules in retail especially as an assistant manager to work school around.

My choice can not be a selfish one either because I am the sole support for my daughters. It has to be a smart decision.

I am rambling at this point but I guess I am leaning towards the job decision but pursuing nursing would have been nice. Any suggestions on a way to look at this differently. Thank you :)
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP