Users Online Now: 1,455 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 413,006
Pageviews Today: 534,911Threads Today: 168Posts Today: 1,915
04:41 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Nonreligious people: Are we living in a constructed web of ignorance? How do you deal?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I feel like I can't believe anything or anyone, anymore. The more I grow up and experience and learn about the world the more I feel like everything is a lie. I only trust myself, but I am aware the others don't trust me. It's a sad state to be in. I feel like history books are full of lies and propoganda, I feel like politics and science is a big old lie. Religion is a scam. I don't even know who or what to believe.

Why must it be this way? There are even a lot of liars on GLP who create posts of things that never happened just to stir the pot of confusion a little more. Never let it simmer, it must always be cranking away, the wheels of illusion.

How do you guys find comfort in this? Everyone around me is religious and don't understand why I'm not religious. They all have a support system and emotional security. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to flip out and go crazy. This world is so full of hate and opposition. I never know who is really my friend. I feel isolated even in crowds of people. I'm always told to lighten up. I wish I could, honestly. I wish I was ignorant. Ignorance is truly bliss! Yet I'm always analyzing everything. It's in my nature to. I can't stop it, and that's what I dislike about myself. I just want to be happy. But how can I? No material possession is going to content me. No amount of research is going to leave me completely satisfied. I'm 21 and I feel like my life is already over, not physically, but emotionally. If that makes sense. I guess I should just go to college, land a well-paying job and then what? Wither away in my home?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP