Users Online Now: 2,425 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,920,729
Pageviews Today: 2,661,937Threads Today: 648Posts Today: 12,451
08:23 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject SCIENTIFIC RECORD OF HUMAN SKELETONS IN MIOCENE (5-20 MYA) - Erased from history!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Recently I heard information about alleged human skeleton fossils that had been dug up in limestone on the Guadaloupe islands in the Caribbean. These fossils were said to have been on display at the British Museum of Natural History in the early 19th century, but were then supposedly removed (or placed in the museum basement) sometime during the advent of Darwinism, because they contradicted the Evolutionary account of human origins.

The limestone in which these human skeletons were discovered is said to be dated in the Miocene Epoch (5-20 million years old) If someone could provide more information on limestone ages, that would be helpful. But this completely contradicts the Evolutionary story of humans evolving from ape ancestors within the last couple million years of the Pleistocene.

I was searching for confirmation of this old museum display, and instead came across a detailed account of the discovered human fossils, in a personal letter addressed to the British Museum in 1813 by a Charles Konig, and documeted in the Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society of London.

In this letter, Konig describes the fossils in painstaking detail, and also addresses the controversial nature of the findings, recognizing that this is an unusually old dated discovery of human remains. He also added detailed drawings.

On a Fossil Human Skeleton from Guadaloupe
Charles Konig 1813

[link to www.jstor.org]

Check out some of what Konig had to say...

The human skeleton imbedded in limestone, lately brought from the Guadaloupe and presented by the Admiralty to the British Museum, having excited the curiosity of the public, I do myself the honour of submitting to you a short account of these fossil remains...

... The vertebrae may be traced along the whole lenght of the column, but are in no part of it well defined. Of the os sacrum, the superior portion only is distinct: It is disunited from the last vertabra and ilium, and driven upwards. The left os ilium is nearly complete, but shattered, and one of the fragments depressed below the level of the rest....

....The whole of the bones, when first laid bare, had a mouldering apperance, and the hard surrounding stone could not be detached without frequently injuring their surface. Sir H.Davy, who subjected a small portion of them to chemical analysis, found that they contained part of their animal matter, and all their phosphate of lime....

... From the composition of the stone, a late period may, perhaps, be assigned to its formation, yet there is nothing in the above description that implies a very recent origin... We know of no limestone being formed as it were under the eyes of men...

... The human bones from Guadaloupe are unquestionably the only bones we are acquainted with that have ever been found imbedded in a hard stony mass, that does not appear to belong to common stalactical calcareous depositions.

(the images are at the end of the letter. you can see how very detailed and precise they are, and obviously of modern human.)

-----

So this was undoubtedly a very unusual and interesting find that appears to have been addressed to the British Museum, which supports the claim that they were on display there in the early 19th century.

So, why can't I find any record or any other information at all about these amazing human skeleton discoveries?

There are several links to Creationism websites, but it seems all official record of the fossils have been scrubbed from history.

I've even seen a few evolutionist comments about the story being fabricated, though I'm reading the full well-documented report from the Royal Society of London with my own eyes.

I am asking for anyone willing's help in solving this mystery. There definitely has to be concrete evidence out there somewhere that these bones were on display, as well as additional observations and notes.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP