Users Online Now: 1,171 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 268,179
Pageviews Today: 442,421Threads Today: 130Posts Today: 2,202
04:46 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I really want a Christian to answer this...not a troll thread.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I dont really believe in anything I guess. Big Bang makes little sense to me, as does Christianity. Besides the many glaring contradictions in the Christian Bible, theres a larger theme I just dont understand and its bugging me because I WANT to believe in something.

Whether the Bible is meant to be taken literally or figuratively, theres many stories that can be proven such as the defeat of the Philistines, deaths of Kings, certain prophecies, and most of the people portrayed in the Bible can be proven to have lived from other sources. All besides Jesus of course, but I digress. Here is my issue with Christianity:

Like a typical gen Y male...ITS NOT FAIR!!!

2000 years ago, men had Jesus walking the earth doing miracle after miracle. Abraham had his burning bush. The whole population of Israelites seen their God bring plague after plague against the Egyptians and then were fed Mana for 40 years in the desert.
Theres many stories of angels saving people like Lot and his daughter from destruction. You can include David in the lions den and God saving him. Include Shadrac, Mishac, and Abednigo as well since God saved them from being burned in an oven.
Youve got Moses runnin around getting water from rocks, turning staffs into snakes, parting the Red Sea...etc.

Theres only a few examples out of many more I could write. My problem is WHERE ARE OUR Moses', Josephs, JESUS', burning bushes, big booming voices from the sky, healers of the blind, any true MIRACLES at all???

It doesnt seem fair that back then, GOD made himself noticable. People actually SEEN His works and there was some semblance of PROOF that God really DOES exist. There was a reason for people to follow Jesus besides just faith.

I would think that God would make himself more available to a current population that has nothing to latch onto besides evil and bad things. People had a far easier life back then compared to now. Then, you herd some sheep, hunt, grow food, and watch a miracle or two. Now, we all work 25 hrs per day, take care of kids, worry about almost everything from GMO's killing us, to watching a world spiral out of control....all of this, and we're still supposed to make time for FAITH when it appears God has left us thousands of years ago.

Sadly, the vague fulfillment of random prophecies in Daniel and Revelations isnt enough for me to change my whole life and blindly follow a religion. It feels like if there were a God, he has abandoned US when WE need Him most and what God would do that??

Besides birth, DNA, and other banal nonsense, can a Christian please provide me with some insight as to where God has gone? Do you as a Christian think its fair that people 2,000 years ago got all the proof while we ( at the supposed end times) get nothing? Where are our healers, prophets, miracles? While religion is based on faith, one would think God would throw us a bone once in awhile on the same grand style of the old days no?

Back then there was what...perhaps around a hundred million people or less? Now we stand at the brink of 8 billion and we're more lost now than ever in history while God just sits there and expects 8 billion to follow Him with NO PROOF while he offered the 100 million people proof after proof and they were still over a millenia away from the supposed end times.

As a Christian, how does your church deal with this glaring difference between cultures of old, and the culture of now? How do you personally get beyond all of this?

Please....no answers like ," God has always seen me through the bad times". Listen, we've all been on the brink. Whether its losing a job then miraculously getting a better one the next day or needing a hundred bucks to pay a bill, which you recieve at the last moment by some crazy turn of events, I dont buy that thats God stepping in...or rather, not on a grand style like the old days.

Thanks for reading and look forward to the replies.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP