Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The other shoe...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Do you remember the months (and years) after 9/11 when collectively as a nation we were all waiting for the other shoe to drop and it never did?  

You could simply feel it in the air... The waiting and waiting was almost unbearable. 

I was living in DC at the time...  The powder scares, the snipers - everyone instinctively knew as bad as those were, it wasn't the other shoe...

I remember wanting it to just drop so I could rid myself of the feeling, the tension...  I didn't want anyone to be hurt but the aprehension was almost unbearable...  Gradually, it subsided both personally and as a nation...

The feeling is back...  And thru reading today's posts and those thru out the week, I'm not the only one...  It's not Israel, it's not Obama, it's not the fiscal cliff - but it's out there looming....  What is it?

The power here cut out this morning (it's back on thank God) but the first thing I did (after posting to GLP!) was put the bug out bags in the truck...  I've never done that before...

thoughts, please...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP