Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject SHTF Plans
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hello i have been watching that show Doomsday Prep.....Lol ok some of the things they mention are ok but in case of real emergency here's what you need to have and some people do not have a ton of money to blow on AR-15's or 1911's so heres the list.

1. Maps and knowledge of terrain in your area, take a drive and find secluded areas and observe for water sources, farms if any, resources and animal life because if you are forced to move you need food and water and look for high ground because its easy to defend positions.Mark everything on your map and remember land marks.

2. Medical supplies and basic field medicine nothing fancy just bandages, pain killers and directions on how to treat cuts and bites from animals and insects. For those taking children and old people triple your med supply if they need it but it will be hard to cope with loss since many Americans need medications and will die without it so start thinking about that.

3. Portable water filter or if you can't get one filter threw a bucket of sand heat water to kill off any bacteria remaining especially for children. For those that live in the deserts of AZ keep a eye on where wildlife goes they always know where water is and you also have a source of meat too. Pick up a book on skinning animals and how to prepare it you don't need a 300 dollar knife i used razor blades to gut and skin and a box has about 1000 of them they
come in handy i promise you.

4. So far as weapons are concerned you can't go wrong with a .22 LR for multipurpose its quiet and ammo is very cheap. The best way to say it is KISS or keep it simple stupid so far as shotguns a pump action is great for close range but it has moving parts so a single shot is the best since in the field you will find ammo and inserts can be bought online in 9mm, 45, 38 ect that can be fired from the shotgun. So far as having a ton of guns its's fine but if your community knows about your stash your a target and will
have visitors. Rifles kept should be a AK-47 or a SKS type very simple to use and very reliable in my experience the guy with the 2000 dollar gets killed first. I cannot stress enough to practice practice practice. Marines and Army have to constantly keep up with practice if you have any friends who are prior service ask questions and advice on how to calculate distance, trajectory and wind variables. I keep a very simple semi-auto 45 1911 for carry trust me when you sleep at night it feels good knowing whatever comes will be killed with 1 or 2 shots and it being a service arm for over 70 years means that its a reliable design. Field pickups will come so don't stress on having the biggest baddest gun just focus on what you can hit the target with and you will be good to go.

5. Batteries will die and you will have no light so invest in a crank operated flashlight they sell them at Walmart for 15 dollars so far as making fire keep a box of Bic lighters
and when that runs out keep a flint spark set birds nests are the best when starting a fire and if all else fails i have used a magnifying glass in winter to start a fire in the field its time consuming but it works.

Everything you need should fit in a canvas bag bought from a Army Navy surplus store millers in AZ and cheaper then dirt have them for 25 to 40 dollars keep the go bag stocked and add as needed so far as ammo avoid keeping loose ammo i have had rounds go bad because of temp changes and worse thing you can have is a squib round go off and get stuck in the barrel....but if this happens always use a wooden dowel or wrap a metal rod with electrical tape and unjam in the direction from the rear not doing so can ruin the guns rifling. There are many more things to say but if anyone here want's to chip in say what you suggest maybe this will come in handy to someone and remember its the little things that matter when it comes to survival.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP