Users Online Now: 1,800 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 480,341
Pageviews Today: 788,174Threads Today: 267Posts Today: 5,029
09:30 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject US, Canada vote AGAINST resolution to stop glorifying NAZIS.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to rt.com]

The Foreign Ministry said Moscow regrets that the United States, the European Union and Ukraine have refused to support a UN General Assembly resolution aimed at battling the modern scourge of Nazism and other racist movements, the Russian Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday.
"We are perplexed and upset that the United States and Canada were against, and EU states abstained, in the vote on the draft resolution, which gained the approval of the majority of UN member countries," the ministry said on its website.
Equally disturbing from Moscow’s point of view is that Ukraine, which bore the brunt of Hitler’s Eastern blitzkrieg during World War II, chose not support the document.

The resolution was adopted at a meeting of the Third Committee of the UN General Assembly in New York City at the initiative of Russia, in coordination with the delegations of another 42 countries. Some 120 states voted in support of the resolution, three were against (the US, Canada and the Marshall Islands) and 57 abstained.
The document expressed profound concern over the increase of extremist movements and political parties advocating “racism, ethno-centrism and xenophobia.” The resolution condemned glorification of the Nazi movement and Waffen SS veterans through monuments and public events that contain Nazi and neo-Nazi propaganda.

+++

can anyone help me find this resolution so i can read it for myself what is in there?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP