Users Online Now: 1,710 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 642,616
Pageviews Today: 842,333Threads Today: 237Posts Today: 3,360
07:23 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Smart people i need HELP about employment laws and my job.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am dealing with a very stressful and complex situation concerning my work. Firstly i live in Georgia close to atlanta and what i do is i work and live at an apartment complex.But however i do not recieve a paycheck...I do maintenance and grounds keeping work in exchange at the rate of 10.00 per hour concession toward my rent.So i work 65 hours per month and recive my rent completely concessed because my rent is 650 dollars.I do not recieve any benefits nor am i coverd by workmans comp.I do all aspects of maintenance work exept for hvac ( i deal with dangerous electricty). Also me and my wife have recently had our lives threatend and are currently being harrased by a new employee that came from a temp service.But ill get to that later....I have worked every week for the last 10 months strait. The management company is getting a great deal on having me here opposed to hiring somone full time and paying benefits ect.
My first question is....Am i considerd under law to be an employee of this property or not? and do i have the right to a safe work enviroment in this case?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP