Users Online Now: 2,308 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,402,266
Pageviews Today: 2,340,992Threads Today: 931Posts Today: 16,673
09:54 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject BREAKING: US Closes Cairo Embassy as Obama says Morsi not a Dictator. Million-Man March Saturday.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message After the Egyptian president claimed unprecedented powers, prompting protests by various moderate and liberal factions across the country, the U.S. State Department has this to say:

As we called for last week, when confronted with concerns about the decree that he issued, President Morsi entered into discussions with the judiciary, with other stakeholders in Egypt. As I said, I think we don’t yet know what the outcome of those are going to be, but that’s a far cry from an autocrat just saying my way or the highway.

The emanations from State’s press secretary, Victoria Nuland, are downright surreal, and I delve into them more below. I’ve noted earlier that, beginning with the Hamas-Israel cease-fire announcement last Wednesday, the U.S. State Department hasn’t stopped with the gushing praise for the Egyptian president, Muslim Brotherhood member Mohamed Morsi, who, the very next day, seized an incredible amount of personal power (neutering the judiciary and protecting his own decrees from review, among other things). The State Department’s response to this event, which some deemed a usurpation equal to anything Mubarak ever perpetrated, was notably weak, refused even to criticize the president by name, or bring up any particular transgressions.

Read more:
[link to www.nationalreview.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP