Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Question for unbiased gamers regarding portable gaming
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hello all,

I want a portable device for gaming. I'll be taking a long trip in a few weeks so I want to get something to entertain myself.

I have considered what I feel to be the two best options.

1) A Nintendo 3DS XL with preloaded Mario Kart 7

price $199.99

pros: 3DS has several great AAA titles to buy and many more coming out next year: I.e. - zelda, mario 3d world, star fox, pokemon, fire emblem, monster hunter etc.

cons: games are pricey averaging $39.99

2) A Google Nexus 7 16 gb

price $199.99

pros: games are extroidinarily cheap, betweeen 10-20% the cost of a 3DS title.

cons: games most likely aren't going to be as involved or fun as a 3DS game. While it's true they are graphically superior by a mile (due to UE3 and other engines), that doesn't necessarily make them fun. I have the impression that even some of the coolest looking games like NOVA 3 and Wild Blood will probably lose my interest after 10-15 minutes of playing. I can't see most if not all tablet games have the depth and variety in gameplay that a 3DS title would.

Also worth mentioning is that the control scheme on tablets is definitely inferior... the buttons on a 3DS should provide a more easily controllable experience.

What do you guys think? They are basically the same price, one comes with a AAA title, the other doesnt. However purchasing future 3DS titles will cost considerably more, but most likely capture my attention span for longer periods of time.

I'm torn.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP