Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Do You Trust Online People
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This morning, while cleaning the house, I had the news on and it eventually cycled to 'The View' (crap, I know). I sat down for a coffee break and was mindlessly watching the show, and I realized that I was watching two girls meet for the first time after a lengthy online romance.

Well it turned out that one of the girls (the one that was MUCH less attractive) was pretending to be a male model.

This was a preview of a new MTV reality show called 'Catfish: The TV Show', which is based on some movie of the same name. The host of the show was actually fooled by a 40 year old lonely housewife into thinking said housewife was her much-hotter-and-younger daughter.

I've been lurking for about 72 hours, I became a non-paying member just yesterday, and I've been reading through the threads. There is a lot of information on here, some a bit crazy and some very informative, and of course the issue of trust comes up regarding the posted information. I've noticed that there are a tight group of individuals who seem to have become very close friends.

Finally the questions

1) Do you trust the people you meet on this site with the information given? (Yes, I did see the giant disclaimer regarding the validity of information posted here.)

2) Would you ever engage in an online romance?
Personally, hell no. You have no idea who you are going to meet or if they are who they say they are. Besides, I'm happily married to a former marine smile_hear

This is definitely a nonsense thread, but my mind has been turning over this little nugget:
If you can't trust people to be who they say they are, how can you trust the information that they post on here. Surely not all established members are who they say they are.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP