Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject A True story from my childhood regaurding the Myan Calender
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My Parents in the early 70's had this round gold replica of the Mayan calender hanging on their large brick fireplace . My Mother had got the Mayan replica calender as a decoration ( the whole Spanish style was really in back then ) .

I used to stare at it and wonder what it was as a young child . The face in the middle was creepy and scared me.

One day this man came over . my Dad was a rocket scientist/ engineer and worked with this guy who was a higher up one of their top scientists in the department.
( We found out later he really came over to lay off my DAD cause they were letting people go after the space program had died down. He wanted to tell him in the private comfort of his home as liked my Dad and they were friends ) .

Anyways, this scientist who worked with my Father notices the Gold Mayan calender hanging over the fireplace , he walks over to it , touches it, and says to my Mother " you know what that represents and means don't you ?!!!"
...Then says to us
( right in front of me as a little kid )
-
THAT Calender represents and marks our end ,
when our world ends "!!! -

and then he looked down at me and said -
" you will be all grown up then so don't worry that's like 40 years from now ! "

I now believe he was one of those professor types without any comment sense .

IT upset my Mother so much after he left she picked it up , took it outside and smashed it on the new driveway . It broke into little pieces . I think she was mainly upset that he had told her 6 year old kid about the end of the world , combined with the fact he had just let my Dad go from his engineer work at Rocketdyne ( my parents had just bought a brand new home ) .

I will never get that image out of my head of her breaking that Mayan replica ! she was so angry - it really affected me.

For years what he said that day has always haunted me .

Way I see it now is
what will happen will happen
and there is nothing more I can do about it
( yes I have prepped a little )
but ok somethings are just out of our control
and I have accepted that .

IT no longer scares me .

I am at peace
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface