Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Why I'm proud
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I've been grappling with my pride over the last weeks, trying to catch it in the act, and I'm beginning to recognize a certain feeling that precedes an attack, like I'm gathering up my strength, drawing it in close around me, and shut off my heart.
I'm not clear yet, on what triggers it.
I suspect this is what's known as 'false pride' and I started using it to get through tough situations.
The words that go through my mind are along the lines of
'fuckyou arsehole' and 'I don't give a shit'.
I like being right, maybe too much, but I'm also so wrong at times it's humiliating.
It's been interesting to discover another sort of pride, that is more like a quiet confidence, and is based on some real qualities and achievements:

1. I've brought up 4 wonderful, capable children.

2. I didn't give up on my daughter with the Prader-Willi Syndrome, but kept striving to prolong and improve her life, she is now in a great house, living independently with carers and activities, under my supervision, so many times I
thought I couldn't keep going, but I have.

3. I'm over 50 but I can run, surf, dance, work hard, my body can do everything I want it to.

4. I live in one of the best places in the world, pristine, safe, beautiful, I chose it, and it continues to amaze and support me.

5. My mind has not atrophied.

6. I can write, and my creativity does not grow dull very often.

7. I'm highly educated, earned my degree and a bit more.

8. I've cleaned when I've had to, to make a living.

9. Not too proud to say sorry and mean it.

I'll keep this true pride, I've earned it, but I'll gradually erode the false one, it's a big splinter in my eye and I don't need it.

End of self-rant

ppig
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP