Users Online Now: 2,345 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,639,629
Pageviews Today: 2,396,785Threads Today: 656Posts Today: 13,533
07:32 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject IF SHTF...everyone's TRUE colors will come out!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I was thinking about this and during "mini-disasters" you can see the true colors emerging in your neighbors, friends, and family. We've had extended power outages and such, and you see people practically fall apart for lack of electricity.

It's really opened my eyes about who will make it and who will buckle: not so much even physically but psychologically. I think some people are just not suitable to survive in anything but a modern society.

On the other hand, recent events have shown me that I am especially resilient in those situations. I am almost 50, but I'm really fit and I work like a horse. People on my street commented that they were impressed in my singular focus to clear out storm debris while most of them just sat around and moaned and waited for power to come back so they could do it with their "yard tools."

They didn't dare use gas, every drop of that was being used to heat their homes (it was in the 40's, not exactly freezing) and power the TV and modems.

I actually enjoyed the challenge of making due with less, living by flickering candle light, and doing hard physical labor. People on my street acted like it was the worst 10 days of their live. I will admit I was feeling testy toward the end, but it was hardly the tragedy they made it out to be.

What about you? You think you have the fortitude to work hard and carry on if TSHTF? Or are you a Nancy who will crawl under the covers and cry? Be honest.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP