Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject santa claus = jesus
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message when i was a little kid. Four years old I got upset watching the news.

I was like, "If Santa is real... why does he waste time giving us presents when he could use his awesome powers to help starving children or stop wars?"

Yes. I was that logical at four. I read my first novel, a crappy romance book my mom had left lying around called "The Wolf and the Dove" when I was six.

And yet, it took me until I was about twenty five to finally decide that All of the major religions are just as fake as Santa Claus stories.

But why? I often think about that. Why did it take so long for me to accept that it is not true? And how do other scientists and engineers still believe in such obviously false things?

The answer is because there is no overarching order to the universe. The more you look, the more weird things you will find. Ipads? The idea of a computer, touch scree, etc. all in one, twenty years ago seemed like pure fantasy. Yet here it is.

The sun, the moon, the stars... they only make sense because you can... sense them.

So no matter how preposterous things are... the idea that a God made this universe, and his son died on the cross, etc... it could actually be true.

In fact, it has become apparent to most societies that in a
'multiverse' type fashion, everything is true somewhere at sometime.

But not everything is true everywhere.

And unfortunately, this looks like a part of the multiverse where the major religions simply hold little truth.

So I see why scientists and engineers hold out hope and blind their minds for a little awhile.

But in the internet age, with this much information flowing. I feel that it is only willful ignorance. A mental disease, that would keep a person enthralled to these religions.

Because at this point... IT DOESNT MATTER IF IT IS TRUE.

See. Thats the thing. Even if the Christian Bible is true. And i die and go to Hell.

When god summons me before him and says, "Why did you not have faith? I will now burn you forever"

I will tell him, "The fault was not mine. It was yours. And if you burn me in Hell for eternity for this, then you never were a God. But only a Devil"

And that... is that..
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP