Users Online Now: 1,452 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 263,997
Pageviews Today: 431,204Threads Today: 140Posts Today: 2,480
06:14 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How Do YOU deal with Loved Ones who often show No Common Sense?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hello Everyone,

I am in need of advice and was wondering : How do you deal with a loved one who doesn't seem to use their head (think things through) all the time ? I do love this person and realize each of us are wired differently, & have different IQ's, etc. Yes, we all all unique and are wonderfully made individuals , ea. on different spiritually levels of course-- God's creation (imo).

My problem child , i.e. often just assumes things are so and so- which doesn't automatically make them correct: This often causes other problems because he doesn't use his head to think things through or ask a question. ( I'm like, "Hello...? .. anybody in there?")

Seriously, I have tried everything , just about everything possible to help, Reminding him to slow down, stop and think before acting. There are numerous things I could go into but I'll refrain. It could very well be adult ADD: I could be wrong though. My loved one has seriously gotten himself into a heap of trouble in the past and to this day, still often causes me a headache- lol- just about everyday!

To mention: He is NOT a DRUGGIE WHATSOEVER or I'd be calling him on that ! This is not the problem. I don't know what the true underlying problem is - it could just be he is a little " slower" - lower IQ ?
(I HAVE worked with mentally challenged individuals. Could it possibly be this? or ADD?) My job was easier with them!

Anyway, I do find myself frustrated often and get very impatient in just having to deal with the "crap" of "unnecessary stresses" that he often brings on himself into our lives! I do love him - I just have a hard time respecting his judgments with reason !!

Reaching out after 20+ years of this ...in need of serious advice/help in dealing. Oh and I VERY seriously could write a book!!!! about all these wonderful adventures ..

Thanks for allowing me the vent and if anyone else is out there like me, who is married to one of these things (lol) I say this in jest ... please let me hear from you. How do YOU deal?

Frusty ;)
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP