Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject There is LIFE in the Blood
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message "For the life of the flesh is in the blood...for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul" Leviticus 17:11

We ARE fearfully and wonderfully made!

As I was studying scripture, this verse, "for the life of the flesh is in the blood", stood out more than others.

Not only did I want to know more about it's meaning, but it sparked my curiosity to learn more about this life-sustaining fluid that runs through our veins.

What I've been reading is fascinating!

Like the fact, in just one to two minutes, in the average human being, blood circulates throughout your whole body.

The heart's pumping action squeezes blood out of the heart, and the pressure it generates forces the blood through the blood vessels.

Our blood is on a 60,000-mile journey.

If all the arteries, capillaries, and veins from each person were to be connected end to end, there would be over sixty-thousand miles of blood vessels--enough to go around the world two and a half times!

Our blood is composed of red and white blood cells.

[link to www.youtube.com]

Red blood cells are called erythrocytes.

They are responsible for the characteristic color of our blood.

Red blood cells start as immature cells in the bone marrow and after approximately seven days of maturation are released into the bloodstream.

The essential component of red blood cells is hemoglobin, which can hold oxygen so the cells can then transport around the body.

White blood cells are leukocytes.

They protect the body from infection.

Here you will see a real White Blood Cell chasing bacteria--the process is sped up in this video:

[link to www.youtube.com]

In every cubic millimeter of blood— a speck the size of a pinhead —there are approximately 5 million red blood cells; there are only 3,000 - 7,000 white blood cells in the same amount of blood.

Red blood cells have an average lifespan of 120 days, while white cells live a maximum of four days.

Blood is the body's major transport system, carrying vital substances to all the tissues and removing their waste products.

Normally, 7-8% of human body weight is from blood.

An average-sized man has about 12 pints of blood in his body, and an average-sized woman has about 9 pints.

The body manufactures almost 2,000,000 new cells every second to replenish those cells that have fulfilled their life function.

I don't know if that impresses you, but it impresses me!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP