Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Boy, 7, Killed In Gun Store Parking Lot In Pennsylvania
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I got a ton of questions. First, why is a 7 year old in a car seat anyway?
If the father went in to sell the gun then, why did he still have it?
And if this was a pickup, I am assuming there's no back seat therefore that puts the child next to the father in the front. So if that's true (I don't know. I'm only guessing) how did the child get shot in the chest? His chest should've been facing the front.
Something doesn't sound right or this wasn't reported clearly (what else is new?)
I hope this was an accident because what's going through my mind isn't nice.

Also, I found the last line interesting:
.......urges patrons to be “sure to start looking early for ammo, bullets or powder for this season,” as it “looks like everything will be harder to find.”

Really? What does that have to do with this story? But aside from that, why will these things be 'harder to find'?

Mercer County, PA |

A boy, 7, has been killed at a Pennsylvania gun store, and police say a tragic misfire led to a fatal gunshot wound to the child’s chest.

The boy was killed in the gun store’s parking lot, and scant details about the way the scene unfolded have been released. The 7-year-old was strapped in a booster seat at the time of the presumably accidental shooting.

According to local news sources, the boy, 7, was killed in the gun store parking lot as his father backed out of a space at Twig’s Reloading Den, located at 8388 Sharon Mercer Road in East Lackawannock Township. A CBS affiliate in Pittsburgh reports what little is known about the fatal shooting:

“The boy was shot in the upper right chest while in a booster seat in a pickup truck parked at the shop … The boy’s father said he went inside the shop to sell a .9 mm hand gun and while he was backing out of his parking space, the gun went off.”

Nicole Howard witnessed the aftermath of the boy’s shooting death at the gun store, and she explains that the fatal incident was audible from her family’s adjacent business, Howard & Son Meatpacking. Howard recalls:

“There are lots and lot of flashing lights and lots of crime tape. There was a single shot, and then the police came.”

The boy’s gun store shooting occurred this morning at 10:54 AM, and the investigation into the tragedy is being handled by the Mercer County coroner as well as local police. A website for the gun store at which the 7-year-old was fatally shot urges patrons to be “sure to start looking early for ammo, bullets or powder for this season,” as it “looks like everything will be harder to find.”

[link to cdn.inquisitr.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP