Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject my take on the '3 days of darkness'
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I know there has been many debates about the 3 days of darkness, will it happen, if yes how, how to survive it etc etc.

I just wanted to share my thoughts on this. But try not to see this from today's point of view, when people has lost connection to natural cycles.

So the winter solstice is always on the 21st/22nd of December (exact astronomical time can vary), which is the time of the year when the night is the longest. Up to this point, every day is getting darker and darker. But it takes a turn at this day, and gradually, the light starts to grow more every day. But still, for a few days, people cannot be sure the light is coming back into their life, watching the horizon, every morning and night, they can't see the difference right away (unless they are astronomers with very precise and accurate telescopes and instruments)
it takes about 3 days to be sure that the light is coming back, to see some little difference. And from the winter solstice, it is 3 days to 25th of December, to the birth of Jesus. For those of us who believe and follow him, his birth brings light and hope to our lives. One of the names that was given to him during medieval times is 'Sol Justitiae' / 'Sun of Justice'.

so if I look at the 3 days of darkness theory this way, it might seem our life really gets dark for these days, but after that, the light ultimately wins and starts to grow, and we don't need to worry, because our Savior is born.

from an atheist point of view, it is simply the cycle of nature as it goes on every year.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP