Users Online Now: 2,287 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,289,339
Pageviews Today: 2,152,556Threads Today: 865Posts Today: 15,343
08:26 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject OK, No BS, Psychology PhD. Here. Strange experiences over the last week and reaching out...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am an extreme critical thinker an have almost perfect score on my GRE for analytical skills (again, no BS). I have been drawn to this site because of its acuity and ability for insight, News is often news here before it's news elsewhere. I like that. Non-filtered I guess.

Anyway, I just talked with my "other" about an episode at a local store two days ago.

We entered and after about five minutes I said everything "feels" weird." Now keep in mind she knows how I analyze things and am more intense than most because of who I am. But she knows nothing of this site and its undue influences on perception. It is easy to fall down the rabbit hole here. Only the strong survive this vortex and stay here. Others leave or are velcroed into the "doom that may come at any moment anxiety."

So my story. The store was at normal capacity but we felt crowded, more than should be appropriate given the number of people. Carts were cutting off people at random. We had to dodge oncoming shoppers as if we weren't even there. They really seemed like "almost" Zombies.

Leaving we spoke about how we felt light headed (like nitrous at a dentist). Then today I was teaching, all was fine. As soon as I left the building I was light headed again, almost like I smoked something. This lasted until I got into my car.

I just talked to my wife about it and it made me think of Faraday Cages. I was fine once insulated. I teach that we are are all only energy-nothing more.

People of Science please respond. I know you are here. One professional to another- I would like your academic input. Thank you.

***Also please denote your expertise so I get a sense of where you are coming from. You could easily lie but integrity is something that is easy to lose and is hard to regain. Those that have lost it are easily spotted as are those that never had it.***

Your thoughts...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP