Users Online Now: 1,967 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 920,181
Pageviews Today: 1,519,927Threads Today: 603Posts Today: 9,895
03:45 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject A flouride toothpaste experiment....
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message So admittedly I am/was still using flouride toothpaste. I figured I could drastically limit my exposure to the dangers of flouride by rinsing extremely well after brushing.

So the experiment went like this.

After brushing I swished (with R.O. Water) multiple times to see how long it would take before the swished water came out looking like well...water.

It never did. So I thought..."ok it's still coming out frothy because of saliva. The flouride and toothpaste residue MUST be out by now".

So I waited till the next morning. After waking up and not brushing with toothpaste for over 10 hours (during sleep and night time). I got up and using the same water rinsed virgorously for thirty seconds. No foamyness to it. It Just looked like water...like I would expect.

So ok. The foamyness IS due to the toothpaste residue. I am determined to find out how much and how long it will take rinsing to get the residue out.

Long story short.... It took 17 swishes each being 30 seconds long before the water started coming out like it did first thing in the morning (ie..not being foamy)!!!

That is over 8 minutes of rinsing trying to get rid of the residue from 2 minutes of brushing.

Now how much had already been absorbed into the blood stream during that time. And how much would be absorbed / ingested all the times i just swished once or twice during my lifetime.

Food for thought!

SpookyWatcher
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP