Users Online Now: 1,130 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 98,018
Pageviews Today: 168,122Threads Today: 83Posts Today: 1,452
03:02 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My sword arrived today! 12-12-12! Awesome weapon. Highly pleased with the quality!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hi Doomers! Here is the update on my sword purchase.

Last week I purchased a Japanese Wakizashi to add to my prep gear, and perhaps quite UN-coincidentally it arrived on 12-12-12! How COOL is that?!

Here's the sword I purchased:
[link to www.handmadesword.com]

Just for fun I created this thread asking for some help in naming this incredible blade. I guess it was more just a bit of a brag to let you guys know that the girls here can kick some ass too!

Anyway I tentatively chose "Kamatachi", or Spirit of the Wind for the name of my sword.

So, today I waited with anticipation all day, until about 3pm when it finally arrived. For those of you psychically attuned, just holding the box gave off an amazing energy. Perhaps it was just me, but I took the sign seriously, and I cleared the the room and the box with sage and ceder. Then facing East, I sat with the box on the coffee table in front of me and opened it.

I was VERY pleased with the packaging and care shown to the sword. The blade itself was well oiled and wrapped in cellophane inside the saya (scabbard). Although not razor sharp (paper tested), I wouldn't want to touch it.

I'm very happy this afternoon. It's quite the yule gift to myself. A big step-up for this old lady, back into the martial arts, which was a big part of my teens and twenties. My sister and I studied Kung Fu way back when it was all the rage, and I also studied Iaido later with my husband. [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Anyway, buying the sword is just the incentive I needed to get back into shape, and to regain that flow of spiritual energy of the martial arts. I'll be joining a local Aikido school in January to broaden my skills ... and to center myself in this chaotic world.

Thanks GLP'ers. Blessings on this 12-12-12 awakening!

yoda
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP