Users Online Now: 1,533 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 157,820
Pageviews Today: 213,167Threads Today: 92Posts Today: 892
01:47 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Where's all the work, Mr. President??? (need prayers)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Okay, the economy crashed in 2008. Why hasn't the economy improved any since then? I don't get this, they say there has been improvement, and even improvement in new home construction like 4%. WHERE???? Not in my county! (southern PA)

In more than 25 years of a successful construction business, for the first time we have absolutely NO work. Husband had to sell off machinery, so we can pay next month's mortgage. Of course, when you have your OWN small business, you do not get help from the gov. You cannot even get unemployment!

We would have had one remodel repair insurance job, but the home owners changed their mind and pocketed the money from the insurance company. You would think after our last big commercial project in 2011 which turned out gorgeous we would be getting loads of work. Not! Google the Lodges at Gettysburg and you can see the beautiful cabins and ballroom that we designed and built. But that has generated no future projects. Just 6 years ago we were so busy we were turning down work!!!

I don't know what is going to happen come February if we can't find work. We have mortgage to pay and food to put on the table. What do we do????
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP