Users Online Now: 1,860 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 612,703
Pageviews Today: 1,039,447Threads Today: 331Posts Today: 6,345
10:46 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Take the World's Best Courses, Online, For Free. UPDATE!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This website provides free online courses in the fields of Computer Science; Healthcare, Medicine, and Biology; Society, Networks, and Information; Humanities and Social Science; Mathematics and Statistics; and Economic, Finance, and Business.

For those interested whom are out of work or looking to just expand their knowledge all courses are FREE provided by professors from leading universities around the world.

[link to www.coursera.org (secure)]

I found this one particularly interesting and have already enrolled.

[link to www.coursera.org (secure)]

Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life
with Charles Cockell

Learn about the origin and evolution of life and the search for life beyond the Earth.

Next Session:
Jan 28th 2013 (5 weeks long)
Workload: 3-4 hours/week

hf

Okay, so awhile ago, I completed this course. I promised to come back and give my take on it.

I found the site to be easily navigated. The course material wasn't too far advanced that someone without prior knowledge would definitely be able to grasp every concept put forth.

Even if you are familiar with the information, you still learn quite a lot.

The video lectures were broken up, no more than 10mins each with the ability to download and watch at your own convenience.

There was a multiple choice test after each week based on the material presented and I found them neither too difficult or too easy.

Overall, an exceptional experience and I have looked into taking further courses from this site.

Thanks for all the great responses and if anyone has taken or is taking courses from this site, let us know how your experience was.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP