Users Online Now: 1,625 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 87,827
Pageviews Today: 160,779Threads Today: 55Posts Today: 1,122
02:11 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject A somber religious post (I need help)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Born and raised an atheist. Not a good person; I've gotten into so much trouble with so many people for so many reasons. It feels like no matter how hard I try I can never totally overcome my worst vices like being overly judgmental, wrathful, and impatient; being lustful and sexually deviant; being cruel, deceitful and manipulative.

Recent months have been a milestone for me. I went back and rediscovered Jesus' teachings. They've been a great source of inspiration and affirmation for me, but wow do I keep messing up despite my best intentions.

I feel like I keep inviting God into my life and then slamming the door in His face. I'm trying to open myself up and accept the Spirit, but it's hard work undoing a lifetime of materialistic programming.

I guess all I'm saying is I'm really lost right now. I'm struggling so much in my personal life and I know I'll never overcome these obstacles without strength bestowed from above. Even with that being said, I keep having such a difficult time taking my newfound faith seriously.

Also, I'm very nervous that a lifetime of bad behavior and cursing His creations (as well as Him Himself on more occasions then I would like to admit) has left me out in the cold, with no chance to be 'taken back in' from this wilderness of vice. I seriously feel like I may be doomed.

Pray for me?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP