Users Online Now: 2,057 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,527,386
Pageviews Today: 2,216,178Threads Today: 608Posts Today: 12,251
05:58 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Is the MSM Making Autistic People Out To Be Cold Blooded Killers?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The Connecticut School Shooting has been a horrific tragedy and has really shaken up America. There's been reports that the alleged shooter has Aspergers syndrome, which is a form of Autism.

This breaks my heart that the media is painting this picture of Autism and making it out like people with autism and these disorders are "emotionless".
Ryan Lanza, 24, brother of gunman Adam Lanza, 20, tells authorities that his younger brother is autistic, or has Asperger syndrome and a “personality disorder.” Neighbors described the younger man to ABC as “odd” and displaying characteristics associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Read more: [link to nation.foxnews.com]

It concerns me that Autism is even playing a role in this shooting. For anyone who has ever worked with Autistic children they would know that these children are some of the most lovable children in the world, if they allow themselves to get close to you that is.

Don't take it from me though, take it from an expert.
"Having Asperger's or the autism spectrum... does not carry any bearing on whether or not you will become—for lack of a better term—a 'good person' in this life," notes Michael John Carley, executive director of the Global and Regional Asperger Syndrome Partnership, in a statement the organization issued. "While the majority of statistics prove that we are infinitely more prone to be the victims of violence than the perpetrators of violence, we are not immune from becoming people capable of making terrible, horrible choices." [link to www.lovethatmax.com]
In one Swedish study that compared people who committed violent or sexual offenses who had Asperger syndrome with criminals who did not, the authors concluded that violence perpetrated by someone with Asperger's is related to "similar co-occurring psychcopathology"—again, there has to be some other trigger. Drugs or substance abuse may also come into play.
Remember James Holmes? His name has come up a lot since yesterday.

The same autism finger-pointing happened with James Holmes, the man who went on a shooting rampage at a movie theater Aurora, Colorado. MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, speculating on the perpetrator, sparked widespread outrage and a change.org petition when he remarked, "Most of it has to do with mental health. You have these people that are somewhere, I believe, probably on the autism scale. I don't know if that's the case here, but if happens more often than not." Scarborough, who has a son with Asperger's, later apologized, saying he could have stated his remarks more "eloquently." [link to www.lovethatmax.com]

I am not saying what Adam Lanza did was ok, it was sick and disgusting and I hope his soul is rotting in hell, but people with Autism are not heartless and very lovable.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP