Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Gotta say, as an Australian,
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message i'm getting kind of sick and tired of all the anti Australian abuse going on on this site.

Australia was settled as a penal colony and some here do have convict ancestry. (many convicts that came here however were often very poor people who were transported for the heinous crime of stealing bread because they were starving or other very minor crimes, as an alternative to hanging etc. After they served their sentences they were released and given land, and encouraged to be free settlers. The really bad criminals that came here most likely died in the jail system as punishments were pretty scary back then for bad criminals e.g. cat o nine tails whip. Or they died building the roads of the new British colony. So i really doubt that many at all of the really bad ones were ever released or had children or descendants.)

Many many here do not have any convict ancestry at all- most probably-; and all here are immigrants from other countries such as Russia, France, Scotland Ireland etc during times of war, famine and so on.

Speaking personally many of my ancestors came from the aristocracy in England and France, or Scottish immigrants. One of my ancestors was a nobleman at the French Court of King Louis XV. Another of my ancestors was a refugee from Eastern Europe.

So yeah, keep your negative, and ignorant comments to yourself if you don't know anything about Australian history.

Also, can i just say, that we didn't 'as a whole country' get together and kill that British nurse. Just because two people from a certain country do something stupid and childish, is no reason to think that everyone in the country agreed with what they did; and no reason to blame the entire country. Personally i have never been able to stand radio hoax calls and don't listen to them.

But the hateful comments against Australians that i read on here after the nurse suicide were just crazy.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP