Users Online Now: 1,357 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 282,218
Pageviews Today: 463,378Threads Today: 133Posts Today: 2,314
04:59 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My kid's school district just called with a recorded message that said the creepiest thing....UPDATE: New msg
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message "Due to the recent shootings and the Mayan calender doomsday media coverage, the ****** School District will be taking additional safety precautions. All entries to the school will remained locked during school hours and emergency drills will be canceled. Additional emotional support and counseling will be available to the students."

I haven't got the creeps like this since the 1989 SF earthquake when the radio went silent and the air-raid whistles went off.

Why add the Mayan stuff with the shooting?
WTH?

UPDATE:

There were rumors of some type of violence for Friday the 21st which have been investigated and found not to be credible.

From the message:
There is nothing more important to us than the safety of our students and staff. I recognize the tragedies from last Friday, along with intense media coverage have raised concerns about safety in our schools. As we stated in prior communications, *** School District is aware of rumors regarding safety issues on Friday, December 21.

Please know that administrators, local law enforcement, and security personnel have fully investigated all rumors and reports of potential safety issues. They have found no credible evidence to substantiate them. As such, schools will be open on Friday, December 21, 2012 as scheduled. Increased security measures will remain in place. Having the assurance of our local law enforcement agency that they will continue their remarkable efforts to be highly visible on school campuses helped us with the decision to remain open. Please know that if administration believes there is any credible threat to students or staff, necessary precautions, such as school closure, will be taken to ensure everyone’s safety.

I understand that some of you may disagree with the decision to remain open on Friday and I respect that. If parents feel that keeping their children home from school on Friday, December 21 is warranted, they should contact their school’s attendance office to report the absence.

that's it. I'm keeping her home that day.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP