Users Online Now: 2,283 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,416,674
Pageviews Today: 2,043,524Threads Today: 570Posts Today: 11,041
04:39 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How many GATE students feel as thought they were blacklisted?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message GATE = Gifted And Talented Education

It has become obvious that many here were part of the GATE program. While many were in the program in the 70's, I was in the later iterations in the 90's (I can go into details about what the program has become, should users find it necessary.)

My main question was, of those of you who have completed the GATE program, how many feel as though you've been blacklisted?

I've never "failed" an assignment, yet many of my college profs. have found reason to fail me regardless of my performance/grades on assignments, and appeals to the Dean have been dealt with arbitrarily on the Deans terms, e.g. he removed the local records of courses without my permission, while leaving the international records of my studies... what this means is that I can never be admitted to another college due to an artificially low GPA, and I can never graduate with above a 2.0 at my original institute, effectively barring me from graduate study. Even if I were to retake the courses, the original (international,) records in this situation would still apply for graduate studies! Has anyone else had this happen?

To sum it up:

1.) I was in the GATE program as a control subject (I can explain this further if nesc; I don't want the OP to be a wall of text.)

2.) I had a 3.0 in high school (my HS never gave me the cum laude status. I was offered spots in the golden key society and mensa, which I defaulted on.)

3.) I began collegiate studies at my local university (and was offered a full ride business scholarship and membership to their leadership society, which I defaulted on.)

4.) I pursued my own avenue of studies & all attempts to declare a degree/field of study (in writing,) were repeatedly denied... over the phone. They gave no written acknowledgement, yet prevented their office workers from allowing me to declare my major. Needless to say, this has many implications.

5.) Regardless of my 'raw' grades, and mid term reports, my end of semester 'weighted' grades were always modified to be below average... even in cases where I was, according to all other factors, the highest scoring student in the class.

6.) The school counselor said the only remedy to this issue was to appeal the decision. On appeal, the Dean went over my head in deciding a verdict, removing my (local) records without my consent, while leaving my inter-institution records un-molested. See number 8.(because all attempts to claim a field of study were denied, the Dean of the sociology school became my default head.)

7.) Due to this, my gpa is frozen and cannot be modified. Even if I retake courses (at my original institution,) the new records will not replace my old grades (due to how this all works.)

8.) Such changes were made without my signature, consent, or prior knowledge. The School effectively failed me arbitrarily, suggested that I appeal the grades, then on the same day that I began the appeal process made yet another arbitrary decision on my behalf... effectively barring me from applying to other colleges/universities and making any future graduate studies highly unlikely.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP