Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject ASSULT WEAPONS BAN and grandfathering
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message ok lets face it there will be a new assult weapons ban the question is will there be grandfathering? also lets say they allow grandfathering whats gonna happen when another tragicevent happens? i bet they then move for a all out ban, turn them guns in or go to prison type deal.but in my opinion gun lovers ( like myself ) and gun haters fail to understand is that there is a BIG mental health problem in this country why dont we try to get these people the help they need insted of just giving them a pill and hope for the best ? i have been thinking real hard about what can be done to adress the mental healh issue in this country, so i started think about why us americans have a higher number of gun related deaths then those of britian or australia, and honestly i dont think you can compare the countrys to america, for 1 we are a country that was founded by a war of independence from the british, and ever since i cant think of a time when we wernt fighting a war somewhere. so with that being said, all we know is war, its all part of our lives have we all been desensitised with violence? look at all these video games and violent movies, no there not all to blame who dont like watching a good action packed movie or playing a shooter type video game?(i do ) but at the same time you cant tell me that those violent games and movies dont have some effect on the way we feel about violence? maybe some of you guys from across the pond or some of you aussies can educate me on the mental health care system in yall countrys? what makes other countrys have less violent crimes with guns then we do, besides the fact that they have had threre gun rights taken away? lets PRETEND for a second that they take all our guns away, do you think that will stop mass killings in america? ( i dont) but did takeing the guns away from aussies and europe stop mass killings? no not stop completly because there will always be tragic events, but i guess what im trying to say is has the occurance of mass killing in countrys that have had there guns taken away droped or increased since? (idk) so ask your self what makes americas mental health status worse then others? here is where it gets hard. again lets pretend for a second. how would you feel about haveing a shrink in every middle school and highschool? and what about MAKEING it mandatory for all kids in those schools to visit the shrink 2 to 3 times a year for a evaluation of there mental health? what if you could change a potential killers life by getting them help when they are younger? how many lives could that save if these shooters would have gotten TRUE AND HONEST help insted of being fed pills? yes holmes was seeing a shrink but did the shrink actualy notice a problem and try to HONESTLY fix it?maybe that shrink would have cought the signs sooner and changedhis life maybe maybe not who knows? but wouldent that be worth wondering or trying to fix in this country? also for the economic side of this, its funded by the tax payers dollars, it creates more jobs, im sure there are more pros and cons but IDK. i dont know about yall and i speak for myself but i would be ok with paying tax dollars knowing that its going to possibly save a life one day what do yal think about this mandatory mental evaluation IDEA that i came up with? also what if the shrink think that the kid needs to be sent to a REHAB facility so he can get better help.drug addiction is a diesease and so is some preventable mental issues( maybe) and since there is drug rehab places why not a place for kids to go to learn how to cope with things and learn how to fit in ect ect. any thoughts and opinions are greatly welcome
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP