Users Online Now: 2,834 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,179,620
Pageviews Today: 2,270,715Threads Today: 1,063Posts Today: 19,903
11:30 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Job search, am I one of the lucky ones.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have just finished an under-grad degree in physics. I have several pretty decent job offers already, after sending out about 10 applications, I got interviews for 5. It looks like I will be able to start out at 40-50k/year working a 4 day work week. I could earn more if I wanted to bust my ass, but I only have ~30k to pay off and I'll be doing just fine.

All my friends who studied engineering/physics/math type stuff in college have had no trouble finding employment.

Why is it so impossible for people to find employment in the USA, as I understand it many industries are simply begging for skilled workers.

Second, if your in school now, why for gods sake are you studying something like anthropology, english, gender studies, or for some similarly useless degree. People I know who are in these programs joke about how useless they are and how they have no real skills, its not like its a secret. It just blows my mind that the same people then complain that there are no jobs for them.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP