Users Online Now: 1,999 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 958,840
Pageviews Today: 1,749,719Threads Today: 570Posts Today: 12,826
05:12 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Can you live with out a cell phone ?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Went to one of my daughters friends party's . Walked in and saw all these teens . They were not talking to each other but just sitting there text-ing . I thought what a sad world it is !

Last year someone hit me who was text-ing . Took out my rear back light . I went on a high-speed chase to catch up with them and when I finally got them to pull over . The person told me they had to text on their cell phone to tell their boss they were going to be late for work and didn't have time to stop and give me information !

Then the other night went out to eat I saw this family sitting there they all were on their cell phones and didn't say a word to each other !

Its not the same world anymore.

Think I am the only one of my friends and family with a cell phone . I won't get one . I can live with out it .

Here are some of the takeaways regarding smartphone usage:

37% of adults and 60% of teens admit they are highly addicted to their smartphones.

81% of smartphone users make calls every day compared with 53% of regular users.

23% of teenagers claim to watch less TV and 15% admit they read fewer books as a result of their smartphone use.

51% of adults and 65% of teens say they have used their smartphone while socializing with others.

23% of adults and 34% of teens have used their smartphones during mealtimes.

22% of adult and 47% of teens admitted using or answering their smartphone while in the bathroom.

[link to mashable.com]

[link to www.pbs.org]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP