Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Arab women are REVOLTING!!!!1
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message ''I AM with the uprising of women in the Arab world because I would prefer to be free on this earth [than be] a heavenly virgin.''

Revealing only her eyes, the young Syrian woman called Lama became one of thousands to post her message on an activist Facebook page that has attracted more than 82,000 followers and exposed a renewed personal and political struggle for women's rights all over the Arab world.

The idea is simple: post a picture of yourself with the phrase ''I am with the uprising of women in the Arab world because … '' and finish the sentence with your reason.
Freedom fight ... Women have been on the frontlines of revolutions thta have swept the Middle East and North Africa.

Freedom fight ... Women have been on the frontlines of revolutions that have swept the Middle East. Photo: AFP

''I strongly support the uprising of women in the Arab world because I am tired of asking my custodian permission for every single action,'' wrote Amal, from Saudi Arabia.

''How can we pretend that we're fighting dictatorship when each of us is a dictator with his mother or sister or wife or daughter?'' the Egyptian film director Amr Salama posted. ''If we treat them like slaves they shall only bring up slaves.''

At first the photographs and messages just trickled in - about 20 a day - but the page was quickly overwhelmed by hundreds of posts and hundreds more comments, sparking often furious debates.

[link to www.smh.com.au]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP