Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject More oddities: School District budget doesn't not include security door
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I was reading this article

[link to www.courant.com]

and two statements jumped out at me

"...after shooting his way through a glass door with the .223-caliber semiautomatic rifle..."

"...He walked up to the front entrance and fired at least a half dozen rounds into the glass doors. The thunderous sound of Lanza blowing an opening big enough to walk through the locked school door..."

It got me thinking about this new security system that was recently installed.

Safety glass does not shatter, break into pieces and fall to the ground...thats the whole point of safety glass.

So to "shoot your way through a glass security door" especially with a .223 rifle...let alone make "an opening big enough to walk through" is simply not logically plausible.

So I started looking through the Newtown School district's annual budget for all schools here

[link to www.newtown.k12.ct.us]

Scroll down to page 39...it details capital improvement plans for each school for the 12-13 budget year.

SANDY HOOK SCHOOL 95,000
REPAINT ALL INTERNAL STEEL DOORS & FRAMES 28,000
ELECTRICAL UPGRADE AND UPS TO SUPPORT PHONE SYSTEM 22,000
CARPET/FLOORING REPLACEMENT PROGRAM 20,000
PAINT GYM AND CAFÉ WALLS 15,000
REPLACE CABINETS & COUNTERS IN CLASSROOMS - PHASE I 10,000

If you then scroll to the bottom of the doc, then go to the 3rd page up you will see the planned capital improvements for Sandy Hook El. over the next 5 years...

The only security upgrades slated for Sandy Hook are ext door replacements for the 13-14 budget year...

hmmm...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP