Users Online Now: 2,396 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,132,812
Pageviews Today: 1,891,944Threads Today: 784Posts Today: 13,609
06:25 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My top rated items for survival and B.O.B.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message The following is only taking into account for one male individual. Obviously it would be ideal to find similar items for your loved ones that accommodate their size needs.

Footwear. Good footwear is something I would not skimp on. My choice would be a heavy duty 10" - 14" high gortex and/or leather mining boot, such as the "Men's Rocky 13" H.A.M. GTX ST 400G" or the "Carhartt Footwear: Men's CMW1629 Black Mining Boot" among others...

Water purification. The other most essential item would be a reliable water filtration unit. Get the best rated one!! "Katadyn pocket water microfilter" Nothing more need said on this....its a no brainer...Ok...if you can afford to, go for the explorer...its rated for 4 people, but the price is 4X more.

Sleeping bag. "ACU 5 Part RFI Modular Sleep System IMSS SLEEPING BAG GENUINE ARMY ISSUE"

The bag itself. I would elect to go with a heavy duty multi pocket internal frame bag. something like the "Kelty Red Cloud Backpack - 5600-6650cu in Cypress 90, M/L" I also think a good choice of bag would be non synthetic material....so something that will hold up in extreme use. Also self repairing zippers are recommended.

Other items. fixed blade knife, full tang metal hatchet,(ie. Estwing) magnesium (any form), Hand gun/several boxes of ammo, high powered rifle/ammo, compass, fish yo yo's and high nutrition power bar rations. cookware, etc......

Lets hear your ideas? The above would be some of my top picks and first choices.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP