Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject ...and they call themselves "American" airlines
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Dear American Airlines,
I called yesterday to inform you 48 hours in advance that my husband, a combat injured OEF veteran, would be traveling tomorrow, Friday, December 21, with his service dog. I followed the instructions on your website to a T, called the number listed, and got a customer service representative. When I spoke with her, she told me that she could not assist me with my issue (there wasn't an issue...I was just calling to make the airline aware that the dog would be with us...) and then placed me on hold for 16 minutes while I waited to speak with a supervisor. After she returned to the phone, she told me I would not be able to speak with a supervisor, and that actually a member of your Disability Services Department would need to call my husband--that my word wasn't sufficient proof. And so, we waited for the phone call. The appropriate person called 2 hours later and informed my husband, a combat injured OEF veteran who has the service dog for mobility issues and also to help with his PTSD, that he would need to pay $125.00 each way to have his service dog fly with him along with "proof" of why he needs the dog. Are you aware that according to the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 it is unlawful for an airline to charge a handler of a service animal any money to fly with their licensed service animal? We are. In fact, we know everything we are entitled to, with this service animal. I fly with you almost exclusively for my job. If you check my name you will see copious amounts of frequent flyer miles. If we get to the counter tomorrow morning and an airline representative attempts to charge us for our dog, we will, indeed, pay the fee respectfully, but you will have lost a long time customer as well as initiated a law suit.
Respectfully,
Aimee Rebecca Fite
The Wife of a Combat Injured Marine
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP