Users Online Now: 1,572 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 177,281
Pageviews Today: 293,947Threads Today: 93Posts Today: 1,700
03:49 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Just Got My Ass Chewed Out At Laundry Mat For Giving A Black Girl Some Change
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I was minding my own business putting clothes in a dryer, when a young black girl approached me and asked if she could have a dollar for the bus. Normally, I don't make a habit out of giving money to strangers because I am asked too often and would be broke if I gave to everyone that asked. But it is Christmas Eve and she really looked like she needed it. So I gave her two dollars worth of quarters and wished her good luck.

Then this hispanic older man asked me if I knew "how bad the economy was?" I replied that yes, I was well aware. And then he proceeded to chew me out for giving the girl money. He said I was part of the problem and he was talking really loudly so everyone could hear. I just rolled my eyes and laughed and turned around to finished putting quarters in the machine.

The girl who asked for the money somehow heard this and started saying something to the man, then he began to yell at her telling her that she was probably on welfare and had babies at home she couldn't take care of. Then they yelled some other stuff I couldn't make out to each other.

Before I left, I made sure to wish the man a Merry Christmas.

Me and the girl both made our way out the front door and she looked extremely upset. I told her not to worry about it and some people were just scrooges. She looked like she was going to cry. I felt sorry for her.

Maybe I am part of the problem by giving change when I feel compelled to. But I certainly would hate to live in a world where no one helped anyone else ever. I think we need to help when we feel compelled. And on this Christmas Eve I felt compelled.

Fuck Mr. Scrooge.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP