Users Online Now: 1,803 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 982,566
Pageviews Today: 1,702,830Threads Today: 667Posts Today: 13,015
06:42 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Does gun ownership mean that you are a COWARD???
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This thread is not intended to start a war between those that are for guns and those that are against them but is in hopes of maybe helping each side understand why they feel the way that they do. (preferably without name calling) :)

BTW...a pin would be great because I think this topic is very important with all of the gun control talk that is going on.

I will start with listing comments I have overheard in discussions over gun ownership from each side...

Those for guns

1. Hunting

2. Protection...There are already too many guns out there in the wrong hands (criminals) therefore gun control would leave good citizens vulnerable.

3. If you let the Government have some gun control then they will eventually take full control and take our guns completely.

4. The 2nd Amendment...it's our right period!

Those against guns

1. No need to hunt now that humans are intelligent enough to find other ways of capturing animals for food.

2. There are other ways to protect yourself. (bows, knives, sling shots, tazers ect.)

3. Some people are too paranoid about our government and think they will ban all guns if we only ban the semi-automatics.

4. The 2nd Amendment was written during a different time period. No semi-automatics existed back then and if those that put that amendment into effect could have seen how the future would turn out, they surely would not have signed that.

As for my opinion, I can understand points from both sides, however, I do wish that there was more responsibility with some of the gun owners out there. If you do own guns, keep them locked up and I mean "locked up"!!!
I myself do not own a gun. I feel that if my life is threatened with a gun and if I die then it must just be my time to go. I do not fear death as I know we go to a better place.
I must admit, seeing people run out and buy guns because of what happened at Sandy Hook school worries me. I think buying a gun out of fear is the wrong reason to want to own one.

With all of this said, please explain to the opposing party why you think it's important to have guns/semi-autos and/or why guns/gun laws are not a good idea.

btw...I'm not a libtard wink
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP