Users Online Now: 1,470 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 507,823
Pageviews Today: 661,772Threads Today: 201Posts Today: 2,726
05:51 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My Christmas gift, I just gave 20 poor families each a goat and 2 chickens. Happy Birthday Yeshua!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am all alone tonight. My kids are with their father this Christmas because I am divorced from him. I felt sad and lonely and began to realize that I haven't hardly bought any Christmas gifts and yet, how can I be thinking so much about getting stuff, stuff, and more stuff. I don't need stuff. My kids don't need more stuff. What more does anyone I personally know need? I thought about all the suffering families around the world right now and even the families in our own backyard like the Sandy Hook Elementary School families who don't even have their babies anymore. So sad. I decided that I wanted to make a difference for some families in the world. I thought to myself, "it is not too late to donate to the needy this year.
I have never been obedient to giving 10% of my income to serve God. The bible says to "give to the least of these" meaning to the poor and so forth. So, I just took a leap of faith and did something really neat.
I figured out what the total income was that I made in 2012. I donated 10% of all of my income this year to a charity called "World Vision." My donation is going to buy 20 different families each something special, a goat and 2 chickens.
Goats nourish hungry children and families with healthy milk, cheese, and yogurt. Chickens provide fresh eggs that are rich in protein and nutrients, and extra eggs and chicks can be sold to pay for basics.

A dairy goat can give up to 16 cups of milk a day. Goat milk is easier to digest than cow’s milk and is an excellent source of calcium, protein, and other essential nutrients that growing children need. Goats are practical animals — flourishing in harsh climates while producing valuable manure to fertilize crops and vegetable gardens.

Chickens are equally easy to raise, and will naturally multiply to impact generations of children. Each family that receives chickens is asked to give back hatched chicks to help another family in need. Chicks require little money, space, or food to thrive and grow — making them an ideal business venture for a single mom or vulnerable family.

What’s more, your gift will help multiple families, like 10-year-old Teopista and her aunt Restetuta in Uganda. “When the goats give birth again, we will sell off some of the younger [goats],” says Restetuta. “We will use the money to buy Teopista a school uniform, books, and beddings. We can also buy food with some of the money. I thank World Vision so much for all the help they have given us … we know that those goats will be of benefit to us in future.”

I'm so happy right now. Happy Birthday Jesus, a present I gave to your children. Thank you for blessing me to be able to do that.

You can do it, too.
go to worldvision.org

[link to www.worldvision.org]

happyheart
blwkss
angel3
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>