Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Motivation. What is it?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message A simple abundance of certain receptors in the brain?

Psychology says so.

Why do some people have the motivation to sit around and do absolutely nothing all day while others realize that every single person on this planet has infinite potential?

Sure, genes matter. But.

Anyone can have the 'good life' if they really had their hearts in it.

I know so many people in this world who are "happy" with so little. The more I talk to them and examine their behaviors, I realize they are not actually happy. They are the retarded cousin of happy; content.

You see, it's very easy to mistake happiness for contentment. If they were related in real life, they would look very similar. The only differences would be distinguishable by a trained eye.

Simply put, happiness would look genuine. His emotions would all be true, and not faked. He would be completely comfortable in his position, yet always having a hunger for more, as this is human nature. His smile would be real, and everything about him would make you want to have him.

On the other hand, contentment. I hate discussing him, he'd be sitting next to happiness, but his smile would be fake. He's hiding something on the inside, and he never wants to let it out. He would appear happy, but with close examination, you could tell something is wrong.

Another great metaphor is comparing a diamond to a rhinestone.

Something I'd like to add... The more you give up on motivation, the more you become content. The more you do this, the more you forget happiness is even possible.

You then begin to live a life of distraction. Distraction in anything, it doesn't matter. Television, video games, bad eating habits, drugs, cigarettes. Anything to pass time. The more distraction the better.

There is a flip side... If you sum up the courage to change something in your life, it becomes like a chain reaction. It become addicting. Like a drug. And, like dominos falling, you begin changing more. And more.

You replace distraction with something else. Motivation and work.

Finally, you realize that work is not something to be looked down upon. Work is happiness.

Work=Achievement=Happiness.

Laziness=No Achievement=Contentment.

Discuss.

I love debating.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP