Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Lord God Genesis 2 God in Genesis 1
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Genesis 1:26

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

So, is this implying multiple Gods here?

Genesis 2:4
4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.

Now we see an account of the LORD God creating the earth and the heavens. But wait a minute God already created man in Genesis 1...

Now the fall

Genesis 3:21
21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

The Lord God says the man and woman have become like one of US...
Here we have the creation of the flesh.

Gnostic Gospel of Phillip. Is this a hint to Genesis 3:21?

Some are afraid lest they rise naked. Because of this they wish to rise in the flesh, and they do not know that it is those who wear the flesh who are naked. It is those who [...] to unclothe themselves who are not naked. "Flesh and blood shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Co 15:50). What is this which will not inherit? This which is on us. But what is this, too, which will inherit? It is that which belongs to Jesus and his blood. Because of this he said "He who shall not eat my flesh and drink my blood has not life in him" (Jn 6:53). What is it? His flesh is the word, and his blood is the Holy Spirit. He who has received these has food and he has drink and clothing. I find fault with the others who say that it will not rise. Then both of them are at fault. You say that the flesh will not rise. But tell me what will rise, that we may honor you. You say the Spirit in the flesh, and it is also this light in the flesh. (But) this too is a matter which is in the flesh, for whatever you shall say, you say nothing outside the flesh. It is necessary to rise in this flesh, since everything exists in it. In this world, those who put on garments are better than the garments. In the Kingdom of Heaven, the garments are better than those that put them on.

Here the Apostle Phillip is correlating garments with flesh.

Then the Gospel of Thomas talking about the flesh and spirit.

Thomas 29
29. Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, that is a marvel, but if spirit came into being because of the body, that is a marvel of marvels.

The more I look into this stuff it seems Gnostics aren't that far off in what they teach. That there is a essentially a Lord God (Demiurge) of the Old Testament. And another God above him. Demiurge kind of correlates to the soul...but spirit came into being first created by God. What is soul and spirit? What's the difference? I haven't figured that out yet.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP