Users Online Now: 2,197 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 777,323
Pageviews Today: 1,279,698Threads Today: 511Posts Today: 8,800
01:05 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Just as parents show us that certain ways of behaviour are not to our benefit ...........
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I do not know if what I have written below will bring the viewer into a state of understanding the bigger picture I am trying to present, and if not, you can consider me crazy and fall to a position of name calling if you must. To those that half get it, it may be enough with your own ideas to bring this to a conclusion. To those who fully understand what I am trying to say ...... then you already know what I speak of and thanks for giving the time to read slowly and understanding we all communicate differently and I may have left gaps and created some confusion...

When appropriate, the father and/or mother intervene and use means necessary from the standpoint of loving authority to show the misbehaving young ones the error of their ways.

We see violence all the time.
The news is full of it.
The television and films are full of it.
Our history books are mostly compiled of it.
The animals with the instinct to, and the inbuilt tools to, use it everyday.
Have we not understood we do not like it?
Can we not observe the state of being that is in opposition to violence, and give it preference?

Do we not rather peace?
Do we like the results of violence, our lost sons and daughters and the destruction of what sustains us here?
Regardless of the answers given at a time of mental reflection, the opposite is more often than not expressed via the attitudes of the masses. We lie to ourselves and say we are good people and have good intentions, most of the motivation is not with virtue. It comes from the desire to get ahead of our brothers and sisters, in financial position, in having more possessions, in health, in regard, in influence and even in the game of romance.

From my fist paragraph I understand that an act of appropriately proportioned violence, [when words of understanding fail], are expressed through the family with the emphasis on learning, the purpose being to bring them into a state of understanding [or into a state of contemplation or control], when the young are expressing chaotic behaviour that is dangerous or disadvantageous, or can be if the patterned behaviour is repeated to the stage of ingrained habit [programmed], or can have negative consequences to themselves and others.

Is this what is in the world? Has our lack of understanding brought on the need for staunch and harsh words [shock tactics and threats]. And if failing to understand, [being unruly to each other, our chosen lifestyles and belittling elders coming from the perspective of experience], we receive [:we do to each other] violence on a level that will FORCE us to rethink our ways of life? Just as from a loving parent? But on an entire world big picture...

WE are the ones who DO the damage, we can reject the methodology of the action if we see it is implemented in an errornous way. Or what is the "civilised" system for? There are always alternatives that are more peaceful, less destructive that will benefit us all, rather than the ones who receive the benefits as the current system stands, and bring us all into a need of discipline.

Parents want the best for theirs, and sometimes do things, that may seem negative to outsiders looking at a fragmented picture, that attempt to ensure they have a good life.

Are we doing our duty?

[link to www.harryhiker.com]

For those who dislike the religious flavoured rule:
[link to images.cryhavok.org]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP