Users Online Now: 2,158 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,349,810
Pageviews Today: 2,236,169Threads Today: 849Posts Today: 15,229
09:47 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject ACTS 21 PAUL MINISTRY WAS NOT A PRACTICE OF ANIMAL BLOOD SACRIFICE NOR DID HE PROMOTE IT
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message In order to put this matter into proper focus, some background relative to the passage needs to be considered. I hereby stand in defense of my brother PAUL bless his soul and nay God be true and all men liars.I have studied this chapter and broke it down for all who were misguided by previous irresponsible comments on another thread.

"THE WARNING FROM PETER THE APOSTLE TO BELEIVERS"

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

NMNHN

The Acts of the Apostles — From Jerusalem to Rome.

At the conclusion of his Third Missionary Journey, Paul and his companions finally came to Jerusalem. This was the fifth (and final) time Paul had visited the city since he left on his journey of persecution for Damascus. Luke affirms that when the company arrived at the sacred city, “the brethren received us gladly” (Acts 21:17).The language suggests a reception without reservation.

Earlier, when Paul penned his letter to the saints in Rome, he asked for their prayers to the end that upon his arrival in Jerusalem, the “ministration,” i.e., gifts of benevolence, “might be acceptable to the saints” (Rom. 15:30-31; cf. Acts 24:17).He was not disappointed. Their prayers were answered. It was a time of wonderful rejoicing.

On the following day there was a special meeting. The missionary group was there and so were the Jerusalem elders, together with James, Jesus’ half-brother (cf. chapter 15). Paul greeted the brethren and then, item-by-item, rehearsed the events of his labors among the Gentiles, giving all glory to God

The Jerusalem saints were delighted at the success of Paul’s ministry, and they kept on praising God for the salvation of lost souls. Paul had successfully removed himself as the center of attention. Eventually, though, they got around to telling the great apostle about a problem they felt was serious.

Gently, the Jerusalem brethren explained to Paul that thousands of Jews had “believed,” i.e., they had been converted to Christ.

Though these multitudes had become followers of christ, they had not arrived at the full realization that the introduction of messiah made the law of Moses a revised redemptive system of faith in messiah. Accordingly, these new disciples still circumcised their children (as a covenant sign), and they observed many of the “customs” of the Mosaic regime.

CVHFGHH

Here was the problem: a report had been circulated widely that Paul went about constantly teaching that Jews, especially those who lived in Gentile lands, should “forsake,”Moses. “Moses” stands for the Old Testament . They apparently had concluded that Paul opposed any sort of connection with the Hebrew system, which was not true. The apostle himself had circumcised Timothy in order to prevent offense to the Jews (16:3). Paul had not opposed observing certain elements of the law
provided the intent was not to seek justification on that basis.

The apostle was not insensitive to the feelings of his Israelite kinsmen. But that had become his reputation.

Though James and the brethren did not agree with the assessment that Paul radically opposed the law, they felt the matter needed remedy in some fashion.

It must be added that these Jerusalem leaders probably did not have a completely accurate view themselves as to what Paul was practicing and teaching. What could be done to defuse this volatile situation?

The Jewish antagonists were bound to hear that Paul was in Jerusalem, and there would be trouble. The following solution, therefore, was proposed

There were four Hebrew men who had placed themselves under a vow (likely a Nazarite vow). It was near the time for that ritual to be consummated by a purification ceremony in the temple.

It was suggested, therefore, that Paul identify with them, paying their temple fees, and, “purifying” himself along with them. Such a procedure was allowed under the law. This would be done so that the Jews in general might see that Paul was “walking orderly, observing the law.” Gentiles, of course, were under no such constraints, as indeed the conference in Jerusalem had established (chapter 15).

Paul agreed to the suggestion. The following day the apostle, along with the four men, went to the temple where the sacrifices would be offered.

The process was initiated, which would be culminated a few days later. Not only were the four “purified,” but so was Paul—though likely not for the same reason. There is no evidence that the apostle was under a vow.

However, since he recently had been in Gentile territory, he would be viewed as ceremonially “unclean,” hence would need to purify himself in order to partake with the in the affairs of the JEWS of the temple

This instance is the only time of such a action by the apostle. No where in his writings our the other apostles writings has recorded Paul as a promoter or being in the practice of continued animal blood sacrifices in the new testament.

hhrtttty

SO LET US PICK UP THE STORY AD IT UNFOLDED FROM VERSE 20-29 THE BOOK OF ACTS

20And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:

21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

22 What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will hear that thou art come.

23 Do therefore this that we say to thee: We have four men which have a vow on them;

THE APOSTLES COAXED PAUL INTO DOING THIS THING BECAUSE THE JEWS WERE EAGER TO KILL PAUL BY TURNING HIM OVER TO THE ROMANS AND IT WAS THE ONLY WAY SEEMINGLY FOR HIM TO BE TAKEN OF THE RADAR AS A TRAITOR

NOTE:
10 And as we tarried there many days, there came down from Judaea a certain prophet, named Agabus.
11 And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.

SO THE OTHER APOSTLES INSTRUCTED PAUL TO FOLLOW THEIR PLAN AS FOLLOWS

24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

THE APOSTLES ALL TOOK COUNSEL TO PROTECT PAUL ALSO BY A WRITTEN DOCUMENT TO THE JEWS THAT HE WAS NOT OFFENDING.

THE BIG QUESTION HERE! IF THE APOSTLES WERE TEACHING AGAINST BLOOD AND ANIMAL SACRIFICES WHY WILL SKEPTICS TRY TO INDICT PAUL IN THIS PRACTICE?

25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

THE APOSTLE PAUL AGREES TO THE PLAN! WHY?
26 Then Paul took the men, and the next day purifying himself with them entered into the temple, to signify the accomplishment of the days of purification, until that an offering should be offered for every one of them.

27 And when the seven days were almost ended, the Jews which were of Asia, when they saw him in the temple, stirred up all the people, and laid hands on him,

AGAIN IF THE APOSTLE PAUL WAS CARRYING ON ANIMAL BLOOD SACRIFICES IN TEMPLES AND LIVING THE OLD LAW WHY ARE THESE MEN WARRING WITH HIM? WHY?

28 Crying out, Men of Israel, help: This is the man, that teacheth all men every where against the people, and the law, and this place: and further brought Greeks also into the temple, and hath polluted this holy place.

M,JJK,J
PAUL HAS PROCLAIMED TO US HIS BROTHERS
Cor 9:22

20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

This instance is the only time of such a action by the apostle. No where in his writings our the other apostles writings has recorded Paul as a promoter or being in the practice of continued animal blood sacrifices in the new testament.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP